Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica

Today was a weird day.

Not weird as in "Socially Awkward Penguin" weird, but as in like everything seemed to work out...right, I suppose is how I would word it.

I woke up a little later than expected today and sadly missed some cozy couple time, which is okay we'll make up for it later-- which is something I think we both need with the stress of school, or just the stress of generally being as awesome as being Paxmay entails.

I woke up at about 12:10 and just laid in bed for a while, thinking. Not about anything in particular but kind of that free thought dream extension where everything is still kind of mindless. I like that time, I guess you could say I do some of my best reflective thinking then even if I can't remember it hours later.

Today was another day with pancakes, of which I'm indifferent to pancakes in their actuality, but they do evoke some familiar sense of home. I've been using those Bisquick "Shake 'n' Pour" things, they come in a yellow container that resembles Tide-- just add water and you get delicious pancake batter. This is definitely something I recommend to parents, if you're the homemade breakfast kind this would be a worthwhile investment. I think it literally took me 5 minutes total to prepare everything and the clean up after was limited to my spatula and frying pan. I've never been so impressed by modernization of food before today.

I've learned a lot of handy cooking stuff as of late, even just this weekend I was always busy making something. Last night I made Filipino style spaghetti with little to no failure, which was impressive enough for me. I think more dinner foods should be as sweet as that. I also made bacon, onion, and cheese stuffed burgers on the stove tonight-- I'm learning my way around home grilling without a real grill, and let's say road bumps are expected. I only managed to set off the fire alarm 3 times this weekend, which is much better than the usual given how sensitive it is to steam and general humidity. Which means yes, if the weather patterns change to quickly our smoke detector goes off.

The real exciting part doesn't come until about 4PM when I received a call from the woman I met at the job fair this week. I know I was guaranteed a job because of work study, but it's still cool to join the ranks of the employed again after nearly 2 years without a steady job. I'll be doing the basic paper pusher, phone stuff, mixed with some specialty web design work and video editing. Basically if "Pax" could be labeled as a job versus a person, this job would be what we call Pax.

This brings me one step closer to my goal of being Jim Halpert, because even I'm too sane to be Dwight, also my conversation German could use some work.

Work starts Friday and I have every intention of blasting the Scrantones the whole way there-- you can bet on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No worries, we've sorted out the tricky mess of robots tracking the IPs of commenters, hunting them down, and attacking them, so feel free to comment with reckless abandon...hopefully