Saturday, April 4, 2009

Epiphanies in Three Minutes and Twenty-Seven Seconds (BEDA #3)


You know the drill by now, the title is always based on a song I was listening to-- and this one is a little harder so if you guess it right I will give you 10 internets and serenade you with a uke (<---- you can call me Blue, and this a clue hahaha). It's really fitting for everything that happened today, and how I just generally feel about my future.

Today has been an all over good day, a good change of pace for a weird week. All I can say is that this week is one of the ones that makes me question my mental state, which is fancy way of saying I went bonkers a few times this week. If I've gone off on you at all this week, honestly I've just had a lot on my mind and it was a constant "straw that broke the camel's back" type scenario.

I woke up at about 10ish, the sounds of I Want It All have never been so unwelcome (and that's saying something...perverted hahaha). Got down to meet my roommate's proxy/girlfriend-ish at around 11AM, decked out in my Gryffindor shirt as we had agreed because it's hard for me to describe myself as "short, squinty, and a little confused looking". This is where I so eloquently epic failed, which is not suprising. It turns out that we were in the wrong meeting place and had to jog to a complete different location which is even closer to my dorm than this other place-- in short, FML.

We basically got everything squared away-- I'll be rooming in Quad 2-Apt 101, Room A with my roommate, Kal (his real name is actually Landon as I've learned, his nickname comes from "Kal-El", Superman for the win!). It's still just really weird to be moving out of the complexes after 2 years, and the fact that Leo has been my roommate for two years, it's a big change. However the thing that has not changed too, Leo's apartment is a few doors over, my friend Adam lives a few over from that, and Kal's girlfriend-ish Kelly lives a few other doors over-- it's going to be weird with closer co-ed living than we're used to. My new apartment is right across from the market, next to the pond (I can has swans?) and makes me yearn for having a rowboat.

But really, this is cooler than I can clearly describe because I get:
to take my bike to school (hooray for not being late!)
eat in a normal kitchen having coffee maker (which mum and I are looking for one shaped like a Dalek!)
a toaster (I know a few people just collectively cringed)

... on top of all this, being in a Quad apartment set up means that we have a lawn basically, meaning for once I can do that normal college thing and play soccer, frisbee, and I'm going to ask Kal how he feels about getting some type of basketball hoop for the front of our apartment.

This is going to be the first time I've roomed with a geek, and I have to say I'm really frakking psyched. I can already see how cool our room is going to look what with both of us being Guildies (just he goes regularly, and I'm a bit fed up with it). I already know we're going to have a lot of late nights with Trock, video games, and other nerdy things. Apparently he wants us to get to know each other next weekend so we're going to watch Lord of the Rings and order pizza or something-- it sounds pretty normal, but at the same time I feel like a little kid.

However even through all this there's one little thing that keeps sticking in the back of my mind, it's really all changing. This is the first time that "Fourth Floor" hasn't lived together and it's just a little weird after two solid years together. Blake has decided not to even move into the apartments with us, he's staying in the dorms and part of me wants to laugh and call him a sucker-- but at the same time I have no one to play Halo with for now (see, told you, little kid). Rob is moving back home too, he can't afford school anymore, and as much as I call him a stubborn Jewface, Jewbie, or a Jewlet-- he really is one of my best friends because as much of a douche he can be, he's still been there for some of the stuff that counts. I took him to see the apartments though and he very intelligently said "yo, I'm calling couch at least once a month"-- not surprised, he would do that-- tiny Jewface hahaha.

It has me thinking a lot about being homesick now, I used to miss being home with my parents and sister, or missing my friends, or not being there for parties-- but really when it comes down to it, over the past 2 years I've gotten more attached to these people, they really became my second family-- so I guess once again I'm back to not having a real home, but this time I'm not so grudging about that fact, I'm pretty blessed to have more than one home. Still, I'm thinking now that if I had the chance, I'd so employ the TARDIS and be selfish, because I'd like "someday" to become "right now"-- I'm curious if going to medical school would move this process along...

(random unrelated edit to the above topic) So a few people had asked me recently to get something like MSN or AIM to make myself more accessible and so I've done that, so if you know me on Plurk or anything else where we talk on a regular basis (which is basically a million sites I won't talk about, but it rhymes with incest...) feel free to be like "give me yo' MSN bitch"-- but hopefully more politely than that *shifty eyes*.

I'm also on YM too, but that really wound up being more personal lately, so if I've given you my YM trust I want to talk to you, if I haven't just trust I'm a pretty private person (technically speaking, I feel like most Bloggers are exhibitions anyways...and you all knows it's true)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No worries, we've sorted out the tricky mess of robots tracking the IPs of commenters, hunting them down, and attacking them, so feel free to comment with reckless abandon...hopefully