Saturday, March 21, 2009

This week the trend...

was to ignore my blog and return again and pretend like nothing happened, until week repeats and it starts again.

...yeah, that's supposed to be a play off a Relient K song...and is probably just as cheesy written as when I wrote it in my head.

So basically-- I failed.

I know I had said "daily blog blah blah blah" but looking back I think maybe I shouldn't have chosen to start working on my daily on my Spring Break, but I digress.

My week was just really busy in the weirdest most unsocial ways-- I slept a lot, I ate a lot, and I saw my friends a lot-- almost a little too much for my liking.

Don't get me wrong, I love my friends, but I really can only take so much crazy at one time.

I met up with my best friend to do the straightest thing possible, we went to the mall and I helped him pick out formal wear for a wedding. Whooooo hypermasculinity for the win! It actually was pretty fun though, we don't get to see each other a lot so I'll take any concessions to have some guy time. We went to a diner later though and I had to hang out with his new unsufferable friend from college, she was actually really annoying and was just "scene" enough to be condescending.

I'd like to say I have nothing again scene kids, emo kids, goth kids, whatever-- but most of the time I'm really annoyed by the subculture who enjoys those labels, and for those of you how understand...thank you, and for those of you who don't-- we clearly can't be friends hahaha.

I spent most of the rest of the week meeting up with my friends Jonah, Fagell, and Jess-- we're like the original Musketeers, because most people know that there are actually not three musketeers, but there are actually 4 (
d'Artagnan FTW!)

Last night was my friend Jonah's birthday party that was organized by yours truly, and my friend Fagell. Let's just say it's probably not a good idea for us to ever form a professional catering service or party planning biz because it would go to hell really fast. It turned out okay with a few minor mishaps along the way-- the frosting turned out more like a disgusting glaze, the glaze wound up sliding off the cake (well, it was really a giant cookie, Jonah doesn't like cake-- which is why I'm not always sure how we're friends when we're opposites) while I was moving it to the fridge, we wound up getting semi-lost, we wound up forgetting to call people and scrambling to assemble, and we wound up losing some of the party foods along the way (AKA we kept eating them because we had gotten so busy we forgot to eat.)

The night went pretty well, but I probably should have kept an eye on the drinks that Jonah was making, I'll defend that I thought it was just orange juice and raspberry ginger ale, but from how messed up I was when I got home-- I'm starting to think otherwise.

I don't remember much of last night once I got home, I just know I said goodnight to my mom and wound up on the playroom couch trying to sit upright. So if anyone knows what I did last night and wants to help me out-- I'd be much appreciated, I'm going to assume I was a bit of a dumbass last night hahaha.

I go back to school tomorrow so tonight is a bittersweet thing, especially with everything that happened with my dad. I hate leaving my family for such weird intervals, but I don't miss the freedom I get from school so I'm going to live up being at school for the next 7 weeks before coming home again for the summer.

Mum's heading back with foodage soon so I believe we're going to have an epic night of breakfast for dinner, Twilight DVD watching, and then a late night showing of December Boys for myself-- so I'll check you guys later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No worries, we've sorted out the tricky mess of robots tracking the IPs of commenters, hunting them down, and attacking them, so feel free to comment with reckless abandon...hopefully